A few of my favorite healthy thanksgiving recipes. Untraditional maybe but still a delicious add to your holiday table.
I am known in my family for getting creative around the holidays. Creative with food that is. I tend to stray from tradition and surprise friends and family with things like pumpkin lasagna, thanksgiving nachos, sweet potato gnocchi, kabocha squash pudding and the list goes on. It is especially fun because sometimes I am the only person eating these delicious dishes = more for me!
aaaaaand Thanksgiving is just one week away!!!
Unfortunately this year I will be away from my family. I will be staying in Colorado and celebrating the day with the family I live with but… ONE OF MY FAVORITE COLLEGE FRIENDS IS COMING TO STAY WITH ME!
Can you tell I am excited?
I am also excited to contribute some healthy thanksgiving dishes to the table.
Here are some of my favorite untraditional but healthy thanksgiving recipes from around the web:
- Cauliflower and Butternut Squash Mash
- Maple Roasted Apples and Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato Casserole (not the kind with marshmallows… )
- Crock Pot Rosemary Carrot Parsnip Mash
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Almonds
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Quinoa and Cranberry Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Lentil Loaf with a Maple Sweetened Glaze
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Maple-Coconut Butternut Squash Bread
- Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Raw White Chocolate and Pumpkin Cheesecake
The countdown begins!
What is your favorite holiday dish? I am all about the sides! Another very unconventional one but a dish I will be contributing to both thanksgiving and christmas is my sweet potato gnocchi.