How in the world are we heading into our 10th month of 2015? I am not complaining, we are entering my favorite time of the year!
This month has been an exciting one for me.
– I moved to Colorado! It was really pretty sudden and I was definitely scared but so far it has been nothing short of amazing. I love this place. I love the school and team I am with. I love where I am living with. I love the people. I love the beauty of the mountains and how it is starting to feel like fall.
–I started to bump up my running. Up until about two weeks ago I was still dealing with a few niggles here and there when I would run so I was still scared and pretty hesitant with every run. However the past two weeks I have been pain free and finally starting to see some improvements in my running. I did my first speed workout in forever a few weeks back and have been able to add some speed work in every week.
-That being said, I have really started to believe in some of my dreams again. A fire is growing in my belly for triathlon now that my confidence in my run is coming back.
(This was 3 years ago this month at the Half Ironman World Championships. You can’t tell but I am crying. I was in so much pain and severely dehydrated in the 108 degree temps but with all the work I had put into this day, there was no way I wasn’t getting to the finish line. 2016 I am coming for you!)
– I have been around high schoolers more than I have been since I was in high school myself. This has been interesting for sure. It has reminded me of the silly things I thought were important in high school but it has also been a breath of fresh air I didn’t expect. I may be biased but Cross Country seems to bring out very determined, hard-working, caring, all around “good kids”. I can’t put my finger on it just yet but being around these teenagers is something I look forward to every day.
– I have realized I am pretty picky when it comes to finding a job. The past couple years and various jobs have allowed me to figure out what I really want/need, at least right now, in a job. I have grown to realize that everything is not going to be perfect but that for my happiness and long-term dreams there are a few nonnegotiables. Luckily, I think I have found something that should work out well (fingers crossed!).
–I did not watch the lunar eclipse. I was sleeping.
What I have been reading:
- Marc and Angel always inspire and encourage me with their blog posts but there are some that just really stand out. “12 Little Known Laws of Happiness (that will change your life)” was one of those. The poem at the end is one of my (new) favorites! I plan on printing it out and hanging it somewhere I can see it often.
- In the paperback form I finished Roadmap from Roadtrip Nation. I would definitely recommend it for anyone in their twenties and beyond who is feeling a bit lost and wanting more out of their life. It was encouraging for me to read when I followed my dreams out here to Colorado and even more encouraging as I have felt tension to make money (to survive) and at the same time not settle for a job just because it makes me money.
- I just started reading The Boys in the Boat and am already loving it. One of my previous boot campers that I left behind in California sent it to me (how nice right?!). I am only around page 100 so I will share more of my thoughts in a later post.
Recipes: a pumpkinful month
See ya later, September! I am so excited for the next 3 months. October – December are by far the best months of the year. Is it weird that I am giddy just thinking about them?
How was your month? Any stand out moments, reads, recipes, workouts etc?
What is your favorite time of year?