So I have fun workout challenge for you all today: the 10 minute plank.
The first time I did this in the gym I had lots of people wondering how in the world I was holding a plank for so long. The beauty of it is it incorporates movement into your planks so the mental side is diminished as you are constantly changing it up. Planks are a total body workout and this 10 minute version is easy to tack onto the end of your workout, do during a lunch break, when you wake up, while watching TV or before going to bed.Don’t think you can do all 10 minutes? Start with 3 minutes and try to add-on the next minute every couple of days. Pretty soon you will be able to say you can hold a plank for 10 minutes!
Heres what you do(with some links for the exercises):
- 1 minute middle plank
- 1 minute side plank right
- 1 minute side plank left
- 1 minute middle plank with alternating leg lifts (10 each leg)
- 1 minute side plank with taps (10 total, front and back is one)*
- 1 minute other side same thing
- 1 minute middle plank on hands with knee to elbow (alternating 10 to each elbow)
- 1 minute side plank with 10 dips
- 1 minute side plank (other side same thing)
- 1 minute middle plank forearms
*Side Plank with toe taps: come into a side plank on your forearms. With your body leg supporting lift your top leg, keeping the top leg straight bring it to the front of your body and tap your toes on the ground.
Slowly bring the same leg behind your body and tap your toes behind you. Front and back counts as one repetition. Complete 10 times.