The past few weeks I have been experimenting with this blogging thing. Trying to get into the hang of posting, figuring out what to post, connecting with other bloggers and managing other social media sites.
I have been pondering the content of the blog and my mission as I sit here and type every day.
What inspires me most is other bloggers and seeing what they have done, what is successful while still being true to themselves. This weekend I am set to get this thing into full gear. To write my mission statement that I will stay true to with every post, to make my layout something I love and to gain some focus and fluidity with the everyday management.
BUT I have some questions for all of you other bloggers (some I especially look up to: Julie, Kristin, Gina, Jessica, Courtney, Cori, Page, Tina, Jenna, Amanda, Monica plus so many more I can’t even list them all!) and the readers that I am trying to reach:
- First impressions of a blog: how much does a layout play into this and what do you like in a layout? does it affect how long you browse around the blog, read posts, come back?
- Blogger behind the blog: do you want to know about their daily life, eats, workouts? How much is too much or do you appreciate them sharing?
- Drawing the line between real life and blog life- where and how do you draw it?
- What are your favorite posts to read? Informational content heavy, lots of pictures, recipes, daily life, training?
- How many posts per week/per day? What is too much, what is not enough?
- How do you manage all the different social media outlets?!
- Do you have one twitter, instagram, Facebook for blogging and real life?
- What has been your most successful way in reaching more readers?
I realize every blogger and reader takes a very different approach to most of these so please just tell me how YOU feel about the topic or what you do and have seen success with. AND please, please, please respond if you have any input at all on any questions or any advice you have for me not relating to the questions, I will take it all to heart.
This blog is an outlet for me but it is more for you guys, so help me make it the best for YOU! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!