This christmas granola recipe blends the warm flavors of fig, nuts and maple for a homemade, edible, budget friendly gift that everyone can enjoy.
Have you ever met anyone that doesn’t like granola?
…. yep, me neither.
Now imagine gifting a warm, aromatic, chunky granola that is freshly baked with love to your coworkers, clients, coaches, family, friends… really anyone. I even gifted myself multiple handfuls in the making. I’d say it is a pretty spectacular present, because really, who doesn’t like granola?
It is also wallet friendly in this season that tends to be financially stressful.
I made two batches of this recipe to give to my personal training clients and a few other people who I wanted to give something small but thoughtful to. I picked up some mason jars, decorative tags and cards from Target to create a cute, simple gift. Altogether, including all the ingredients, the mason jars, cards and decorative touches I spent about $50 dollars for 10 full jars of granola + cards. That is just 5 dollars a gift! Nothing beats a delicious, cute and economical Christmas gift in my book.
For this Christmas granola recipe I started with a Pinch of Yum’s Coconut Oil Granola as a base recipe and made a few tweaks + add ins for a chrismast-y taste.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl (all ingredients except coconut oil and maple syrup).
- Whisk together the maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture is moistened.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- When you remove the granola from the oven at the end, don't stir it right away - the granola will form crunchy clusters as it cools.
- *You can melt your coconut oil in microwave
And if you want to just make a batch of this christmas granola recipe all for yourself, I wouldn’t judge you.
Enjoy! 9 days until Christmas!
[Tweet “Christmas granola! The perfect edible gift. #vegan #christmas #JOY”]
What is a small gift you have given to coworkers, teachers etc?
And really, do you know anyone who doesn’t like granola?! I would be interested to hear.