January 2015 done and dusted! Plus 2 days already, sheeesh.
How was your month? Did you set any New Years Resolutions? How are those going?
From December to January many changes have happened for this girl:
– I moved in with my parents. This has been a major change but it has been so good. I am enjoying the freedom, my stress level has declined, I get to spend time with my family and most importantly: I am happy.
– I started working with a new coach. Kristen has been so wonderful and I am excited for what is to come.
– I went on my first run since September! This was huge. I still have a bit to go until I am 100% healed but there is progress.
– I found out I did not get into the Grad School program I had applied to. But that is ok. After studying for and taking the GRE I started to second guess my decision to apply. I ended up applying since I already had letters of recommendation submitted but wasn’t sure what I would do if I got in. Grad school is a big commitment and if I wasn’t 100% sure and excited to go, I wouldn’t go so I know their was a reason for this rejection.
– I applied for a few jobs. The right thing however has not come together yet so I am embracing this time of freedom.
– I did my first road race! It was tough, humbling and left a craving for more.
– My big goal for this year is to stay healthy and injury free. So far so good! After a week with a few runs my hip started to hurt again. It was important for me to remember this big picture goal in order to reign the training back in a bit.
Looking ahead… February:
- More road bike racing to come and possibly my first stage race. My goals for these races is to just keep gaining experience in this discipline.
- I’m giving up sweets. Womp womp, I know, no fun. This isn’t something I have spent
muchany time talking about on the blog but during my year of injury I gained some weight. Pretty natural as I went from a very high running volume, to just swimming and biking to nothing. But as I am getting back into training I want to get back to a comfortable weight and well, I am not there yet. I love my fro-yo and the occasional sweet however it is something I am willing to give up for a bit. This is a change among a few other ones that I will share with you all when the time is right.
- In addition to sticking to my training plan I know how important the little things are especially for my hip rehab. A goal for this month is to be sure to do my hip strength/stability 3x a week.
Besides that I just want to keep waking up and making the most out of every day I get! Simple, right?
Tell me one highlight from your January.
What was your New Year resolution or a goal you set? How is it going?
Anything fun happening for you in February?
Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @healthyregards
Pinterest -> healthyregards
Instagram – > healthyregardshayley
Bloglovin’ -> healthyregardshayley