Yesterday we had a holiday (what already?!) staff meeting. It was potluck style and we were all encouraged to bring a festive treat. I knew that there would be no lack of sweet sugary eats so I decided to try to create something healthier yet still edible for the masses.
In rolled these balls.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup rolled oats (choose gluten free oats if needed)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 serving of plant based vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life vegan chips but also like Nativas raw cocoa nibs)
- Add the pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips to a food processor or hide speed blender. Process on high for about 5 seconds. You want grainy as opposed to complete powder.
- Pour coating into shallow bowl.
- Add all ingredients to food processor or high speed blender and process until fully combined and forms a dough like texture.
- Form spoon sized balls and roll in coating until fully covered.
- Place balls on parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Like all the basics out there I really do love pumpkin. I also have a huge sweet tooth. These little treats perfectly satisfied both cravings. I also was able to whip up enough for the whole staff in less than an hour with ingredients I mostly had on hand. Easy, healthy and good for the taste buds too.
Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @healthyregards
Pinterest -> healthyregards
Instagram – > healthyregardshayley
Bloglovin’ -> healthyregardshayley