There is something about a simple dish that I just love. I love being able to taste all the ingredients and fill my plate the good stuff. This Spaghetti Squash and Kale sauté is just that. Simple ingredients, simple methods, absolutely delicious.
- Spaghetti squash halved, seeds scooped out and roasted*
- One bunch of Kale destemmed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Earth Balance/other buttery spread of choice
- Garlic powder
- Dry or fresh herbs of choice
- Salt and pepper
- *Start by roasting your squash. Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Roast squash for approximately one hour flesh side down on a greased baking sheet. Baking times will vary but squash should be tender and easy to scoop from skin.
- Once roasted allow to cool before scraping the flesh with a fork to make long strands; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add kale and toss to combine, cover pan and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add squash and toss to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh herbs to taste.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Toss with your favorite buttery spread and serve.
The best part in my opinion is that you just cook up a simple protein and then get to fill your whole dish with this yummy-ness!
Favorite type of squash? Kabocha squash is my favorite for sure but I love all squash.