As I finish up my first recovery week of 2017, I am happy with the work I have put in so far and excited for what is yet to come! After 3 big weeks, this past week was a week to slow down a bit, recover and let my body soak up the efforts I have been putting in this month. Although I never felt overly tired during the 3 weeks leading up to this one, my body definitely needed some extra rest this week. My recovery week coincided nicely with some
cooler (freezing) temps that made it hard to ride during the week. I covered more distance in the pool than I have in a long time AND the last thing we did on Saturday’s practice was an all out 100m for time and I was shocked by how fast(for me) I swam! Overall this week served its recovery purpose and I am feeling more and more like myself.
Monday: Masters Swim 1 hour 15 minutes
- a.m. Strength 45 minutes + indoor cycling class 1 hour
- p.m. Straight swim 25 minutes
- a.m. Swim on own 1 hour 30 minutes
- p.m. Run 40 minutes
Thursday: Elliptical 45 minutes
- a.m. Masters Swim 1 hour 10 minutes
- p.m. Easy Ride 1 hour
Saturday: Masters swim 1 hour 15 minutes, base ride 3 hours
- a.m. Trail run 50 minutes, core 30 minutes (I did this video minus the warm up and did my own stretching)
- p.m. Easy recovery ride 1 hour
- Swim: 5 hours 35 minutes
- Bike: 6 hours
- Run + elliptical: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Strength: 1 hour 15 minutes
15 hours 5 minutes
Now I am winding down and getting ready for another great week with homemade pizza and homemade almond butter dark chocolate + coconut cups (followed this recipe).
Hoping you have your best week of 2017 yet!